Jobs at Ubotica
Ubotica Technologies, founded in 2017, develops solutions and provides technical expertise in the areas of Computer Vision (CV) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in embedded systems, to be deployed ‘on the edge’.
Ubotica has developed CV and AI solutions for several different market segments including Space, IoT, Industry 4.0 and biomedical, and is a leading player in the satellite edge compute sector having recently achieved the world’s first demonstration of hardware accelerated AI inference on a CubeSat (ESA’s PhiSat-1). Ubotica is headquartered in Ireland, with its experienced team of 22 AI, CV and Space System Engineers located in Dublin and in its design centres in Spain, Canada and The Netherlands.
Senior Project Engineer
As a dynamic and fast growing AI and CV technology company, Ubotica requires an experienced project engineer to support the delivery of breakthrough and cutting edge technology solutions to its customers.
The role will involve the technical management of multiple exciting and concurrent projects, and a team of developers, in order to deliver product grade CV and AI solutions. The successful candidate will participate actively in the engineering and development activities, as well as interfacing with end users to distil requirements, agree architectures, develop solutions and produce documentation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of skilled engineers to deliver software and firmware solutions across Ubotica’s market segments
- Liaise directly with customers to understand and manage requirements, as well as delivery schedules, validation and solution delivery
- Engage in the engineering, development, validation and test activities to guide and support the engineering team
- Perform rapid proof-of-concept development, and then lead the team in the subsequent implementation
- Strategise on solution architectures with senior engineering team
- Problem-solve technical issues using team skills to identify and resolve problems
- Communicate widely within the company and to customers, on status and progress of various projects.
- Embedded firmware development, for bare metal and RTOS devices, including low-level optimisation
- Proven record of accomplishment in embedded application development
- Deep understanding of the AI development lifecycle, familiarity with model types (CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs), common NN models (MobileNet, UNet, TinyYOLO, ResNet etc.) and with developing NN-based solutions targeting given problems and embedded devices
- Working familiarity with Computer Vision and Image Processing theory and concepts (stereo and multi-view geometry, image registration, ISP pipelines, camera models)
- Experience with customer and end-user interactions
- Technical team leading, including remotely, and provision of technical oversight
- Strong validation-driven testing experience
- Proven experience of writing technical documentation.
The following experience would be an advantage
- Space and satellite systems
- High-level PCB design
- Hardware debugging
- Intel Movidius Myriad chipset
- Proven project management skills – must be capable of leading multiple concurrent projects
- Strong teamwork skills and track record of collaboration, with proven ability to influence and lead
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to clearly and succinctly present concepts and results to a technical audience
- Ability to think on feet
- Strong algorithmic and maths skills – ability to interpret algorithms and map out their implementations
- Keen problem-solving and debugging skills
- Self-motivation and technical curiosity
- Excellent attention to detail.
Development Skills and Languages
- C programming language
- At least one scripting language (preferably Python)
- AI frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
- Linux, RTEMS
- Practical experience with build, development and version control tools
- Experience with Altium desirable.
The candidate must possess a minimum 3rd level degree in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
A Postgraduate Qualification is desirable.
The role is based in Ubotica’s Dublin office (DCU Alpha, Glasnevin).
Email to [email protected], quoting ‘SPED11’ in the subject line.