Prof. Oscar Deniz Suarez (UCLM Spain)
Oscar’s research interests are mainly focused on computer vision and pattern recognition. He holds a Computer Degree (MsC) and a PhD in Computer Vision (2006) from Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Author of more than 50 refereed papers in journals and conferences.
- Visiting researcher at Carnegie Mellon University (USA), Imperial College London (UK) and Leica Biosystems (Ireland).
- Currently, Associate Professor at UCLM and contributes to VISILAB.
- Senior Member of the IEEE and is affiliated with the AAAI, SIANI, CEA-IFAC, AEPIA, AERFAI-IAPR and The Computer Vision Foundation.
- Serves as an Academic Editor of Journal PLoS ONE.
- Coordinator of European H2020 Project “Eyes of Things” and Partner in European H2020 Project BONSEYES.
- Reviewer/Technical Expert for EU programs and Advisory Board Member of H2020 project TULIPP.
Prof. Maria Gloria Garcia (UCLM Spain)
Gloria is Associate Professor at the Engineering School of University of Castilla-La Mancha. She holds a PhD in Machine Vision from Coventry University, UK (1998) and a Physics Degree (1993) from UCM, Madrid.
- Principal researcher in several research centers such as CNRS, Louis Pasteur Univ. Strasbourg (France), Gilbert Gilkes & Gordon Technology (UK) and CEIT San Sebastian (Spain).
- Author of 2 patents, 4 registered software papers and more than 80 refereed papers.
- Served as visiting researcher at Carnegie Mellon University (USA) and Leica Biosystems (Ireland).
- Member of the IEEE and is affiliated with several societies such as ESDIP, CEA-IFAC, SEMF and SEIB.
- Principal researcher of different national and international projects focused on artificial intelligence and image processing.
- Coordinator of the European AIDPATH project entitled ‘Academia and Industry Collaboration for Digital Pathology’.